I’m going to be 30 in 21 days. CRUD!
Ok. So…the turning 30 part doesn’t freak me out…its trying to finish this damn list! I started this project pretty late in the pre-30 game, and have fallen behind! What a slacker. Here’s where we’re at so far…
1. Blog at least once a week! (right here on this tumblr page) SLACKED big time! Back at it though.
Go on 3 2 1 first date (unless #1 or #2 go REALLY well) DONE!! Woooo!! Easiest challenge.
3. Work out regularly (5 days a week) I do it!
4. Reach fitness goals for this year (
50lbs … 40… 35) I’ll take 15 for $100 Alex. UGH.
5. Become truly comfortable with my natural hair THE STRUGGLE IS SO REAL. I’m giving up on this one for now.
Sell at least one of my custom made bowties. DONE! Well…5 bows. Same thing.
Get Hear my youngest nephew [to] say “Aunt Kim” My sister is not helping the cause!!
8. Go vegan for a week. Starting tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Take a picture with one of the “love” signs
Go back to NYC. Trip is planned…so I’m counting it!
Complete 10 8 6! (completed 2)pinterest projects (recipes, crafts, 1 manicure, etc) Between baby showers and such, this got knocked out quick! 12. Throw a really big party (this can include my work’s Gala) Raised over 9K!!
13. Take an instagram picture that gets over 30 likes. This is proving to be difficult. My nephews arrive soon. They are perfect subjects!
Get a massage. Planned for the Dominican! Counting it!
Have an adventure. Lol. Va Beach 3 weekends out of this month…plenty of adventures have been had ;)
Find the perfect storage ottoman FOUND! I just need to get my mom to give it to me…
17. Learn how to play one song on the piano…really well. Got the APP for that!
18. Hang out with my little sister. DAD FAIL. SMH!
19. Mail a card to at least one person a month …I actually LOVE this one. I’ve done it every month and look forward to it. Try it!
Read “Mockingjay” READ! Didn’t think it was great.
Complete one ENTIRE month of a “photo a day” on Instagram I DID IT!! March is complete! I can’t believe it.
Get another tattoo. Wellllll…I DID get tattoo’d. I got a few of my tats touched up. I do have what my next tat will be, but I can’t get it before vacation! Coming soon!
Make it through an entire night in heels Done!
Clean out my closet (for the 43rd time) DONE!
25. Sew, then wear a dress. I’ve been sewing a lot for other people. Including dresses. Soooo…
Take a road trip of more than 3 hrs DID it! Woo!
Book my birthday vacation! BOOKED! DR in July. So pumped.
28. Pay it forward. Already planned! I have this really great friend from middle school, and he was awesome to me always…so I’m going to do something awesome for him!
See a really great concert. I bought tickets for a great concert…can that count? EARTH,WIND & FIRE!
30. Participate in something GREAT. My life is pretty GREAT, and I’m an active participant in that EVERY SINGLE DAY.
I’m not doing terribly on this list…but there are certainly a couple of things (like learn to play a FRIGGIN song on the piano) that I must do! In the meantime…I’m waiting for the breakdown. You know…that moment when you realize you’re about to turn 30, unmarried, not even close to being married, and all your friends are with child, engaged or …you know it, MARRIED.
How did you deal with 30? Let me tell you how I’m going to…
With UNLIMITED cocktails on the beach of the Dominican Republic.